High Tech Sunscreen
Made from Plants
Revolution® is made by extracting sugars from plants grown annually. These sugars are converted into a revolutionary material, which is now being used to produce these ecologically advanced glare control fabrics.
Revolution® meets the same performance standards as polyester fabrics. It is very stable and durable. Less fossil fuels are also used in the production of the raw materials and less greenhouse gases are produced in comparison with the traditional polymers used for synthetic fibres.
“Did you know that replacing 25,000 sqm of glare control fabric made from polyester with equivalent Revolution® sunscreen fabric is equal to the following":
Fossil fuel savings equivalent to:
- burning 3,837 litres of petrol
- monthly electricity consumption by 55 residents of Australia/New Zealand
- lighting a 100 watt bulb for 15 years
- 27 barrels of oil a year
co2 savings equivalent to:
- covering 43,719 kilometres in a new car in Australia/New Zealand
- the storage of carbon by 2 hectares of pine forest for a year
- the consumption of 342 propane cylinders used for home barbecues
- the growing of 210 tree seedlings for 10 years
"Can a new glare control fabric make the difference?"
At M + N PROJECTEN we think it can! We set ourselves the challenge of developing glare control fabrics of the highest quality that surpasses our current sustainability requirements"